Sunday, September 19, 2010

(Unrequited?) Love



Yesterday I went shopping.  And I don't mean a ten-minute run to the grocery store (since when do I do that, anyways?).  I mean a serious shopping trip.  I followed the coupons for groceries and went to Target for some clothes shopping.  If you don't want to read about the clothes, you don't have to.  I'm putting this shopping analysis up for Mom's benefit :)

I can't find pictures on target.com of the scarf, necklace, earrings, or shirt I bought, but they're pretty cute.  What really captured my heart, however, were these fun shoes.
Don't you love them?  They are fun cute comfy too :)

These are some everyday flats that will spice up any outfit.  I adore them.




WINCO

I can't believe mom never took me down to winco in the valley before.  Yesterday I experienced it for the first time, and I fell completely in love with it.  I could pick out however much flour I needed - for a lower price than the bagged kind!  I could buy anything and everything at any quantity I wanted.  I could have wandered the aisles all day.  But I didn't. Sigh.  I got what I needed, got some nutella, and skedaddled.  I am still in shock that Mom never introduced me to this paradise, though.  It is absolutely amazing.  
I would so go on a Winco date.  

Even though it's a 20-minute drive, it's worth it.  


After the winco extravaganza, I went to Sunflower Farmer's Market, my formerly-favorite grocery store, and then went to drop off my groceries before exploring downtown Provo with Heidi.  We went to Sammy's, and it was delicious.

I love their decor.  It's this tiny little restaurant on a block of monoliths.

The food was amazing.  Almost worth the price tag.  I got a chicken sandwich with teriyaki sauce, grilled pineapple, and guacamole.  Yum.  And their fry sauce was to die for.  But the best part was their shakes.  They have several different kinds.  One kind is called the pie shake.  Then they have the cupcake shake and the cookie dough shake.  For the pie shake, they throw a piece of pie in the blender with some ice cream, blend it up, and top with whipped cream.  (Same with the cupcake and cookie dough shakes!)  I got peach cobbler, and it was divine.  I will spare you further details, but I must find a way to make this on my own.  It is imperative.

Anyways, that was my consumerist Saturday.  I won't lie; I had a great time (other than the Spanish test I had to take)... and my roommates continue to be the awesomest people ever.  (My computer says that's not a word, but I don't care.)

<3
Eliza

P.S. I almost forgot to tell you about the post title!  I absolutely love Winco and Sammy's.  I love my new shoes.  I love my family and friends (duh!).  But today my roomies had a funny conversation that also inspired this title.
Megan (complaining about her love handles)
Stacey: "You don't even HAVE love handles!  At most you have like handles.  Maybe crush handles."
Kristin: "Unrequited love handles?"
All of us: bursting into laughter

P.P.S. Stacey is actually a communication disorders major, not a communications major.  That means that even when she's funny, she doesn't lisp... right, Stacey? :)

3 comments:

  1. Cute shoes. In my defense, WinCo is 50 miles away and I only get there once or twice a year. And, be careful on those bin prices. . .they aren't always lower. But if I had a WinCo in the neighborhood, that's where I'd most always shop. Sorry PriceCo, you just don't measure up. For those of you from further east, I believe WinCo and Cub Foods are owned by the same company, and about the same. I used to shop Cub Foods in my single Chicago days!

    Happy week Eliza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pair of shoes almost exactly like those. Mine are sooo comfy and I love them.

    Ditto on the bin prices. For example, trail mix. Cheaper to buy it packaged. Oh, and don't try the mac & cheese mix. ICKKKK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'unrequited love handles' is a sweet tooth fairy.
    See here http://www.sweet-tooth-fairy.com/index.html

    ReplyDelete