Sunday, September 26, 2010

Holla!

Hey guys, I know my last couple of posts have been in a kind of morose late-night maundering style, so I decided to inject some reality into this blog.  My classes are going relatively well - I'm only 2 weeks behind on my econ reading, I got a B+ on my Spanish test (ouch!  Who knows the difference between que and cual anyways?), I have a physiology test that I need to take tomorrow, an organizational behavior test that I have to do before Thursday, and life is good.

Last week I had a busy time studying until Friday evening, when I didn't do anything productive.  At about 10:30, I got a call from Heidi, and I went over to Katheryn's to eat chocolate chocolate chip cookie dough and watch Treasure Planet.  It was great.  Saturday morning I got up and did my cleaning checks, and then I went to take a practice LSAT.  It was quite entertaining.  I went to Target, returned a shirt, came back and got my results, and went to eat ice cream at the Creamery instead of going to the football game (It's okay; we lost terribly anyways).  I found out that if the ice cream server likes your choice of ice cream, she will give you more ice cream.  I ordered a child-sized ice cream scoop, but got enough ice cream for a double-scoop. This was opposed to Heidi and Katheryn, who got the right size.  Ahahahahaha.  Then I went and babysat Jared for Ken and Kelsey.  I had a marvelous time.  When I got home, the old roommate (she moved out a semester or two ago) Sarah was here (apparently she'd been here all day, but I wasn't here...)  She was sick and couldn't drive home, so we convinced her to stay here for the night.  Luckily, she decided 15 minutes before the corner store closed, so we went and got Saltines, Sprite, and Pepto.  It was an adventure.

Today I made this baked omelet for our ward break-the-fast brinner.  It was gone by the time I got to that end of the table.  I ate lots of good food, and got an awesome vanilla syrup recipe.  When I got home (I was the only one from the apartment who'd gone), I watched President Monson's talk from the RS broadcast last night that I didn't see.  I'd hoped to watch the whole broadcast, but apparently it started at 6:00 central time, not mountain time.  I loved his talk, though.  It chagrined and inspired me.  Next time I say something judgmental on this blog, please reprimand me.  Actually, scratch that.  I'm going to try not to say anything judgmental on this blog anymore.  We'll see how far I get with that...

Speaking of future plans, I'd better go to bed.  So much for no more late-night maundering :)  I'm looking forward to several things this week, though: teaching water polo to my FHE group tomorrow night, playing my second intramural bball game on Tuesday night, going to the farmer's market again, and Conference!  So exciting :D  I'm going to make kugen if mom will send me the recipe.  Also, I'm going to try and invite my home teachers over for dinner on Sunday, hopefully with Kristin and Megan's help.  What a great idea, right? Well, I can't take credit; it was mom's.  Here's hoping you all have a fabulous week!

<3
Eliza

3 comments:

  1. Eliza,

    That all sounds like great fun. Since our last talk about calculators, I have decided that all I want or need is a TI-84. I love you!! Thanks!!!

    <3 Tess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy girl, college sounds so much more exciting than they tell us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, exciting... They also don't tell you that it's pure CRAZY! Or maybe I should say loca, my little spanish-learning sister. Tess, I will get you the most amazing TI-84 that I can find. Does anyone else you know need a calculator? Because I can get one for them too.

    Love you all!
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete