Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mmmm...

A quick foreword: on Conference weekends, I like to cook.  A lot.  So this is a collection of all the things I cooked this weekend, after my uber-successful trip to Winco.  I forgot to get a picture of it, but in addition to all this stuff, I made kugen (yum!) on Sunday morning.  All of my roommates were gone except for Kristin, so I ate most of it by myself.  I have no regrets.


Not pictured: Tapioca pudding, Saturday morning.


Pectin.  Not liquid pectin like it was supposed to be, but I made do.

This was the jalapeno I chopped up to put in my pepper cheddar biscuits.  They're frozen unbaked in the freezer for the next time I have chili :)

Jalapeno jelly!!  I made four jars of that size.  Three are frozen.  This jelly is delicious.  I eat it on crackers daily, and if I ever start eating meat again I will put it on that, too.

Batter for buttermilk pie (see below...:)

My pie crust-making station.  I made two pie crusts and froze one.

Then I decided that since I already had the floury tabletop I would make some cheddar-pepper biscuits and a galette dough to freeze too.  I am such a Mormon.

I read about chocolate-dipped mangoes with curry powder on them.  So of course I made some.  Pretty delicious.  I enjoyed trying them.

Some of my peppers from the farmer's market.  These are the ones left over after my jelly-making jamboree.  I think I'll make some more jelly with them (red jelly!), but I'm contemplating freezing them until some of my little jars are clean so I have some place to put it all...

The fruit section of my pantry collection.  As you can see, autumn is slowly sneaking in, but summer is still hanging on!

This is a little blurry, but I'm super-excited to have my own turmeric.  I'm pretty sure that's the sign of really being an adult.

Yummy yummy black bean soup.  You can find the recipe here, and make sure you add a few splashes of hot sauce!

My buttermilk pie.  Isn't it scrumptious?  I made it on Saturday, and was going to have people over on Sunday to eat it.  Long story short, I didn't. 

Instead, I had it for dinner on Monday.  With boysenberry syrup, no less!  It was delish. 

As you can tell,

I liked it a bit.  I also had it for dinner tonight :P

Well, I don't really have time to write anymore right now, as I have LOTS of studying to do and I'm holding my first review session in 50 minutes.  Wish me luck!

<3
Eliza

1 comment:

  1. No pictures of you? You still fit in your pants after your conference weekend gourmet binge? Just kidding! Love you, and glad to hear your review session was helpful to many!

    <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete