Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Harry Potter

Kristin and I went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1.  It was awesome, and definitely my favorite of all the movies so far (although that dance scene was really awkward...).  I liked that it was more closely related to the book.  Guess I'm just a purist.

Anyways, we also dressed up.  Kristin had an awesome Hermione costume and I went as the Whomping Willow.  No, you didn't read that incorrectly.  I was a tree.  See the photographic evidence below :)

On my boot I put a bran flake (for the knot at the base of the WW) and Crookshanks (who opens the passageway)

On my stomach there was a picture of Harry, Ron, and Hedwig in the flying Ford Anglia.

A broken Nimbus 2000 on my back.

Leaf earrings, cut out from a green folder.
"Bark" eyebrows, crazy hair, and dark lipstain.  Mostly just because it looked dangerous.
Andrea (on the left, Luna Lovegood) is a former roommate of Kristin's (on the right, in the Hermione costume).  No, I wasn't really grabbing her hair.

Megan helped me to cut out all the leaves, tape the on, and get all ready.  We went, had a great time, and came home to sleep.  Yay!  Also, we took a picture with a guy wearing an awesome Voldemort costume.  Unfortunately, we'll have to wait for Andrea to put those up on facebook before I can post them here.

Hope everyone else enjoyed the movie as much as I did!

<3
Eliza

P.S. While we were waiting for the movie to begin, there were several wizard's duels.  It made me laugh.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely agree on your review of the movie. Did you notice that Dobby wasn't wearing the right clothes? He was still wearing the rags. Although I liked that they made him more, how do you put this? More like a kid I guess.

    <3 Tess

    ReplyDelete