Saturday, July 31, 2010

More avocado lovin'


After I finished my post on that amazing new avocado-based snack/dinner/lunch/I'll eat it whenever I can get my hands on it amazingness, I decided to look up a picture of avocados so that I could edit the post and add it in.  Oh boy did that start some trouble.  On Google Images, of course I had to click on every link that had a delicious-looking avocado recipe.  I hope to make frog pie and avocado and chocolate smoothie sometime soon.  Yes, I am looking through the weekly circulars this evening to see where avocados will be on sale next week so I can buy them.  But it's all okay, because avocados are a certified superfood!!

It also reminded me of a wonderful avocado concoction I made a few weeks ago: avocado pound cake.  I HIGHLY recommend making it... right now.  It's the most awesome pound cake ever.  Plus, I substituted white whole wheat for half of the all-purpose flour to make it even healthier than it already is (the avocado, with its healthy omega-3s, substitutes for a lot of the oil in regular pound cake.  You can also add some applesauce in place of even more of the oil).  If you add more avocado than the recipe calls for, then I suspect it may actually taste avocado-y, but mine mostly tasted pound cake-y.  Yum.

In other news, I remembered another recipe I made a few weeks back: apple walnut flaxseed muffins/bread.  The muffins I made from the recipe were really good, although next time I'd use some tart baking apples rather than the Galas I had on hand.

Anyway, I mostly just wanted to express my love of all things avocado.  More stuff later.

<3
Eliza

2 comments:

  1. Well, my darling, if you love avocados that much, I'd say that if you decide to serve a mission you are destined for Chile. Because we ate them there every single day. Avocado heaven! Oh, and in Chile they are called PALTA. FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eliza, you are so silly!! And by the way, when I said I don't like avocado, I meant that it would not be my first choice. Those guacomole chips were pretty amazing though...

    ReplyDelete