Saturday, July 31, 2010

My new love

Dear Guacamole,
I have loved you since we first met.  Whether you were frozen or fresh, I have always made you a priority in my life.  I've loved to mash up your ingredients - avocadoes, cilantro, red onion, chopped tomatoes, garlic salt, and lemon juice - and eat you straight from the bowl with chips, or on tacos or burritos, or on eggs, or....  whatever. I would even eat the food processor version of you without any texture.

But now, oh now - well, I've got a new love in my life.  I will still always eat you whenever I am having Mexican food.  I will always love you.  But when I dream of avocados, I will now dream of another kind of food.

Here's the recipe:
1 slice of toasted bread, spread with a mixture of 1:1 mayo and dijon mustard, with slightly mashed avocado on top, sprinkled with garlic salt.

Sorry guacamole.  But this new dish will be first on my "how to use avocados" list from now on.

<3 always,
Eliza

P.S. Mom, if on August 26 you look in the fridge and discover the dijon mustard missing, I think you'll know where it's gone.

2 comments: