Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Schedule

Hi guys, it's that time of year again! Signing up for classes.... oh the joy. I signed up on Sunday night - well, actually 12:00 am Monday morning. So here is the schedule:

Physiology (PDBio 305) - Lecture MTWTh 12:00-12:50, Lab Monday 8:00-9:50, 4 credits
This class should give me an intro to some of the medical sciences. Mom and (especially) Dad have been pushing for me to take this one. I think they still sustain hope that I will be a doctor. We'll see.

Honors Econ - TTh 9:00-10:50, 3 credits
This class is a basic course that I think is basic groundwork every college student should have. As my high school econ class was a joke (governomics and politickles), I'm taking this. It will also be exciting because I'll need this class if I decide to go into Polisci or IR.

Honors Organizational Leadership (Honrs 223R) - Wednesday 9:30-11:50, 3 credits I'm taking this class for three reasons: 1) Honors credits so I can graduate with honors, 2) it will be kind of an introduction to business and management, and 3) it looks really cool.

Intro to English Language - TTh 1:35-2:50, 3 credits
This is a prereq to getting an editing minor. It is english with a linguistics flavor to it, and should be interesting.

Honors D&C part 2 - MW 1:00-1:50 (even though I haven't taken part 1...), 2 credits
It was either this or Old Testament at 4. If taking the second part first doesn't work out, I'll just switch in the first two weeks of class. Also, this should work out fairly well because my scripture reading will just be getting to the Doctrine and Covenants by that point in the year....

World Dance - MW 6:00-6:50, 0.5 credits
Exciting? I think so. I went to Kirsi's folk dance performance last week and it looked like a ton of fun. Hopefully it will be :)


I'm also hoping to get into a martial arts class and a tennis class, but we'll see if spots open up in either of those!

Oh, and I'll also be TA for Intro to IR, which is 2:00-2:50 MWF. I may also have office hours, depending on whether I'm an office TA or a research paper TA.



That's next semester's schedule. I'm also starting to look at options for winter semester. I'm interested in going on a study abroad, and my favorite options right now are looking like India and Israel.
What do you think?

<3
Eliza

P.S. Updates about my mini-spring break with the family and the last week of schooling are coming! I'm just a little bit busy, but after Thursday I will have some time to catch up!

2 comments:

  1. I think that you should consider other options for study abroad like Hong Kong, Singapore, New Zealand or Australia, South Africa, Pakistan, (just realized that these were all British colonies) anyway I don't think Israel is a good idea because they are kind of at war right now so... I was thinking about AFS (but no one knows what that is hopefully, keep the secret) study abroad would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. Sounds so interesting. Maybe I will be your new roommate!

    <3 mOm

    ReplyDelete