Sunday, April 11, 2010

My amazing magazine

My Friday: I got up early, made eggs and pancakes for myself, my friend Jasmine, and her friend Adrienne, and then went and hiked the Y with them.

Me and Jasmine about halfway up. It's a steep climb!

When I got back, I broiled streussel topping onto apple-cinnamon muffins I'd baked earlier (from a box, sorry!) and went to class. The muffins were for my polisci lab. After that class I went to a couple of reviews before chemistry. I had a few leftover muffins, so I texted Blaine asking if he wanted some. Of course! And he invited me to a study group after class. I realized I really need to study for my chem final... I went (briefly) to a softball game with Heidi, and then did some homework before making salmon, because I'm trying to eat more seafood and overcome that prejudice. I went grocery shopping (only like $10, because I have to use up everything in the next two weeks!) and then went to the creamery with my roommates at 10:30. We had ice cream and then Amy and Ashley complained that they hadn't had dinner yet. So I made them pizza. And then I made stir-fry for Shyler. Yeah, that's how desperately I need to get rid of food!

Saturday I got up and hiked/walked up Rock Canyon with Heidi - we saw mountain goas! Then I made the two recipes I posted earlier, and both turned out deliciously (probably because I was watching food network while cooking...:). I did a little bit of homework, took a walk around campus while on the phone with mom, and then went to see Divine Comedy with Amy and her sister Jessica. It was amazing!! I am buying their DVD when it comes out later this year. Divine Comedy is a sketch comedy group, and this was their "best of ever" show. It included skits on Avatar, Harry Potter, and the BYU dating scene. I got a great ab workout from laughing so much!


Today I've been productive and have been looking at blogs. I really like themeanestmom.blogspot.com. I was drawn to it by the name (But now I'm really confused - MY mom always said that SHE was the meanest mom in the world...) and continued reading it because it's just hilarious. You should check it out. On the blog, it mentioned a magazine that is destined for greatness. Here's its motto: "Created for women who want to be stylish, sexy, and engaged in the world while retaining high standards in dress, entertainment, and lifestyle."

Can you guess its name? I'll give you a hint - it starts with an E and ends with a liza! That's right. I was so excited when I saw the name Eliza Magazine, and it just got better when I saw what the magazine was! Now, I haven't actually read it yet, but it looks good. More on that in a later post.

Today in church we had a hymn meeting for our sacrament meeting! People got up and shared their favorite hymns and why they were so great. They got to choose a verse from that hymn and we all sang it. I chose Hymn 292, O My Father, verse 2. My second choice, How Great Thou Art, was chosen by THREE different people and so we sang three verses from it. My third choice, A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief, was chosen by TWO people and so we sang two verses from it. Awesome. It was way fun and I wish we could do it every Sunday. Also, I was very impressed by our pianist, my friend Ariel (aka Hermione, because I met her at a Halloween party...). She knew all of the songs and was completely okay with just playing whatever songs struck our fancy.

So, life is pretty amazing. This week, I have two days of classes left, and then two reading days (no classes or tests, just studying) that will include a Freshman Academy reunion, a baking party, and an Honors bagel party. Finals start on Friday, and I will probably take my chemistry final on Friday or Saturday, because I have no scheduled finals until Monday. Wish me luck!

See you soon!!!

<3
Eliza


P.S. You're allowed to call me too, you know. :)

1 comment: