Saturday, October 3, 2009

Crazy happenings

Okay, last time I posted was Tuesday night. On Wednesday, I studied, went to class, went swimming, froze peaches, and took a philosophy test (not all in that order). Thursday I got up, made applesauce (yum!), and went to get a flu shot (yuck!). Then I went to class and came home, where I made mashed potatoes with chives and rosemary-marjoram pork chops to go with my applesauce for dinner. It was amazing. It was Amy's friend Jessica's birthday, and she'd invited some people over, (she also invited me; I wasn't a party-crasher) so we played games, talked, and ate chocolate cake with homemade frosting and BYU Creamery ice cream. (They just started making ice cream again, because they'd been rebuilding the factory)

So that brings us to Friday... That was yesterday.

Friday morning I got up at eight to give Shyler's brother Jarom some insurance information he needed that she'd copied. Then I went back to bed, because 1) I'd stayed up late Thursday night and 2) The flu shot was making me tired. When I finally woke up I did a little bit of homework and went to class. When I got back to the apartment, I studied for a bit, and then we went to the ward Tail Gate party. They had amazing food - the good hotdogs, sesame buns, watermelon, and all the toppings - even J-Dawg's secret sauce! They had homemade root beer too, and it made me nostalgic for Sister Spangler. Jessica (from Thursday night), her friend Shannon (also from Thursday night) and I played volleyball for a while and then we all went back to our apartments. Everyone else went to the football game (We were playing Utah State, and they moved the game to be on a Friday so the football players and fans wouldn't miss priestood session. I just think that is the funniest Utah thing - and cool too.) and I went to the temple. The guy who checked my recommend was Brother McCord, and HE LIVED IN SONORA 2ND FOR 25 YEARS!!!!!!! I didn't get to talk to him for more than about two seconds, but it's amazing! You guys should ask if anyone remembers the McCords in Sonora. Anyway, the temple was a cool experience - I was there for almost 2 hours, but worth it. When I got back, I couldn't find a parking space for about ten minutes, and then I had to take a hike. That made me think I wanted to go for a walk (albeit not in high heels). I decided to walk down to Macey's, because everyone was still at the game. Then Mom called me and said I had to walk with someone. So I went out in the lobby to knock on doors to find someone who wanted to walk to Macey's with me, and there was a girl named Charity who was going down to the Smith Fieldhouse (all the way across campus in the right direction.) I decided to walk down there with her and if there weren't very many people walking around I would just stay at the gym, and use the gym clothes I already have down there. However, the end of the game was pretty much set in stone (we won, of course) so some people had left early to escape the traffic, and there were lots of people walking around. I decided to just walk down and so I went to Macey's and got some groceries. Then I walked back home and my roommates were there!

By this time, it was 11:30. We all, except for Shyler, decided to go down to IHOPs and have a midnight meal. It was packed after the game, so we waited in line for a long time, and then we ate. I had a meal that had eggs, bacon, sausage, and two Swedish crepes with lingonberry syrup and lingonberry obutter. It was delicious. Then they sang a birthday song for someone at another table so we asked our waitress if I could get a birthday song/ice cream if my birthday was in a few days. She said yes, so I got sung to and got ice cream with fudge sauce, which we all shared. Then I used my Starving Student card to get my meal for FREE! It has a buy-one-meal-and-get-one-free-unlimited deal, and so I just piggybacked off of Amy's meal and didn't have to pay a cent! It was amazing. We drove home at 2 and then decided to watch a movie. Amy and I were the only ones to survive to the end, and we were pretty much asleep by the time it finished at four. So then we slept late and here I am! We had a crazy time and I don't know what gave us the idea to stay up so late, but I think we're way more bonded as roommates now, so that's really good. I have to go get ready now, but I love you!!!!!!!

Eliza

5 comments:

  1. ok, please don't punch me through the phone now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to show Levi how to make a comment on your blog. Let's give this a try! (Perhaps the reason you didn't get much response to your most recent blog is that we were using the computer in the great room for conference viewing all weekend!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so Eliza how are you doing I figured out how to post comments finally

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited that you can post comments now, Levi! I'm doing great, but I'm a little bit nervous about turning eighteen tomorrow. That's really old. School is exciting, as always. You will find out about the adventure when you come to college - it's crazy! How's fourth grade going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, we aren't commenting enough?... maybe you should write something to comment about...

    ReplyDelete