Sunday, February 21, 2010

President's day weekend

Hey guys, it's been a long time but no one has commented or complained, so...

I'll just give you a few highlights of the last few weeks:

I've written about three papers for poli sci, two for intro to Islam, and one for Isaiah. I took a chemistry test and decided to study harder for the next one. Classes are going fairly well, and my powerpoint class will be over on Thursday, when I will be starting my excel class. Last Thursday in basketball I was guarding/guarded by a guy who's 6'4" and very good. It was exciting and challenging, and I made a basket! That's about all the news for classes.

Last Saturday I got a place in housing for next year! I will be living in Regency Apartments, which is just barely south of campus. It is a good deal with great people and wards. I am in room 112, and I have no idea who my roommates will be. I would have chosen to be in one of the other buildings, but there were only three rooms with spots, and there was another Eliza in the building I wanted! Oh well. I'm sure it'll be great anyways :)

The most exciting thing in the past few weeks was visiting St. George last weekend. I went to Grandma Houghton's house and spent time with her and with Dad, who was visiting for her birthday. I got there on Saturday afternoon, and promptly fell asleep on the couch. When I finally woke up, we went for a walk and then went to eat at an amazing Thai restaurant. Then we went to Neilson's to get some custard (yum!) and to Aunt Marjorie's to play games. It was fabulous. On Sunday we went to Grandma's ward, which was exciting for me - there were people not between the ages of seventeen and twenty! Crazy. Then we went back to Grandma's, where Grandma and dad did family history, Grandma gave me a copy of all of her recipes (yay!), and I read The Number One Lady's Detective Agency. Then we went to Aunt Marjorie's house for dinner, where I ate salmon! Then we had chocolate-raspberry cake and played games. The next morning, we went to watch Dad swim the mile (I had a high blood sugar), and then ate breakfast and dropped him off. Grandma and I decided to have some retail therapy and headed over to Christensen's, where they had some President's day sales. They even had a rack full of women's size 10-11 shoes on sale 50% off! And let's just say that Grandma made me feel loved. My limited college budget would have held me back a lot, but she really helped me out. Thanks Grandma <3>

This weekend I went to see New Moon at the dollar theater with Heidi on Friday night, watched some Olympics, went to the gym and worked out, and went grocery shopping again. This was all done by yesterday (Saturday) afternoon. Then I got back to my apartment, made taco meat for my compassionate service dinner, and put together some pizza for Amy's birthday celebration. Her birthday was on Wednesday but we were all pretty busy so we did the party on Saturday. I went to the compassionate service thing and did some 27 dresses action, skipping between the two parties. Then, just as the party ended, the pizza came out of the oven, and Kirsi, Amy, and I went to see Princess and the Frog at the Varsity Theater. It was very cute, and we had fun eating pizza in the theater (which is allowed there). Then we came back to the apartment, watched some Olympics, and made a fort out of mattresses and blankets. Then we watched Ever After, which I am going to make us watch as soon as I get back in April. This morning I had a meeting and went back to sleep before going to church, eating dinner, having some more meetings, and writing this blog! Now I'm headed off to bed, so good night. I love you all, and would love to hear from you!

<3
Eliza

1 comment:

  1. Am I the only one who ever comments? Well, I love your blog and hope you have figured out a way to capture it as a kind of journal for future use! Sorry I'm so slow, Dad and I were out of internet contact for our vacation--which is probably a good thing, mostly! We did have a fine break--came back to some pressure, but it's nice to be able to forget some of the details and challenges for a little bit!

    Sounds like you're managing to have fun amidst the pressures of school. I'm glad to hear you've got the apt situation set up for next year. Hope it works well!

    I've got to run and get ticket sales sorted for tomorrow's WP banquet--have to report to the group at 10:30 today.

    Love you lots! Mom

    ReplyDelete