Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A heart-breaking picture

I know this is a big turnaround from the last post, but I just wanted to show you this picture.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/23/world/asia/23graduate.html?scp=1&sq=japan%20elementary%20school&st=cse

It was on the front page of the New York Times today, and it's an elementary school graduation in Japan.  The auditorium had to be cleared of evacuees before they could have the ceremony.  What makes it awful is that the little boy is probably crying because members of his family died two weeks ago in the tsunami.  It pretty much tore my heart in half.  I am grateful to be living on high ground, both at home and at school, physically and spiritually.  My prayers are with the ones suffering from the effects of the tsunami.  

1 comment:

  1. I think the news reports RE: the nuclear emergencies and the reports of national stoicism have kept us from thinking about the private tragedies our Japanese brothers and sisters are experiencing. Thank you for the reminder. <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete